We were the first to introduce Mediasite to New Zealand and Australia back in 2004. Since then, we’ve seen the platform go from a 4U recording and streaming appliance to an end to end video management system on steroids.
Now its gone even further.
Check out what’s new in Mediasite: Optimised Video Delivery, More Social, Improved Interface
There were more than 50 million views of Mediasite content in 2017, reflecting 34% growth year-over-year. Updates to the video platform that support the rapid growth in Mediasite use include:
- Additions to its broad family of capture solutions
- More social and collaboration tools in its video portal
- Optimized live and behind-the-firewall streaming
- Improved workflows and overall experience for user-generated content creators
More Flexible and Economical Capture Options
The latest in the Mediasite suite of video capture solutions, when paired with Mediasite Video Cloud, offer the most reliable hands-off video platform to meet the needs of any teaching, learning or training environment.
Mediasite Catch is a software recording solution that is scalable, reliable and economical for A/V-light learning and training spaces. Catch enables day-to-day video and content recording from classroom podiums and supports both automated schedules and ad-hoc workflows in as many classrooms as needed.
Mediasite Join is an automated capture service for recording and managing video-conference-based calls, meetings and distance learning. Join extends the value of organizations’ video conference investments by seamlessly integrating with leading conference services and bridges from Cisco, Zoom, Polycom, Vidyo, Lifesize and Sony to share valuable knowledge, engage employees and students, improve communication and support a culture of collaboration.
Further Enhancements/Improvements to Mediasite Video Platform include:
• Optimized live and behind-the-firewall streaming with Mediasite Deliver: Mediasite’s built-in intelligent streaming understands the browser and device the user is coming from. The end-user experiences a high-quality live or on-demand streaming experience, and has the ability to play premium content plug-in free and app-free on any browser or device, thanks to the adoption of MPEG-DASH for on-demand streaming and HLS for live streaming. Behind-the-firewall delivery is optimized via a strategic partnership and integration with Ramp’s best-of-breed eCDN and network caching solutions.
• New social video capabilities: Mediasite Showcase, a secure video portal to curate, spotlight and view live and on-demand content, supports deep engagement by allowing users to comment on videos and build custom video playlists that are easily sharable with colleagues, classmates and partners. Showcase also encourages content discovery with its powerful search and social sharing.
• Intuitive design and user experience: Enhanced user interface in My Mediasite, the easy-to-use personal capture software for anyone to record screencasts and video content from their laptop or computer, improves workflows and increases efficiency.
With all that under the hood, you can understand why Mediasite has become the video management platform of choice for a variety of our customers.